2017: A Year in Review
Many are saying good riddance to 2017, but I am kinda sad to see it go. For myself and my family, it was a defining and encouraging year. While 2016 was one of traumatic transition, 2017 was one of settling in, hearing from God, and stepping out in new areas of faith. The journey has been completely surprising and was honestly quite painful. But now that we have caught our breath, I look back with gratitude for what God has done. And I want to say thank you to all who read my words here and elsewhere--many thanks for reading.
- Launching Redemption Parker 11 months ago and joining the Acts 29 Network
- Speaking at 4 women's retreats and challenging a couple hundred women to memorize the book of Ephesians (and they're doing it!)
- The privilege of writing not only here at jenoshman.com, but also at The Gospel Coalition (on grief, faith, and parenting), Desiring God, Unlocking the Bible, and RisenMotherhood, as well as the inclusion several times in Tim Challies's A La Carte lists
- Transitioning from the Oshman Odyssey to this site in hopes of better serving my readers (thanks to my husband's web design skills!)
- Engaging in deepening relationships in our local church and neighborhood
- Serving Pioneers' 73 teams of missionaries across Europe
When you're a blogger and it's the end of the year, you're evidently supposed to do some "best of" lists and whatnot. Mine are below. It is helpful, actually, to look back and analyze the statistics. I detail both OshmanOdyssey.com and JenOshman.com because I didn't make the transition until July 2017.
Unique readers in 2017: OshmanOdyssey = 48,100 and JenOshman = 21,300
Total Page Views in 2017: OshmanOdyssey = 82,400 and JenOshman = 36,100
Top Referring Sites in 2017 (they were the same for both sites) =
- The Gospel Coalition
- Desiring God
- Church Leaders
- Christianity Today
15 Most Widely Read Posts in 2017 from both sites combined:
My mission statement as a writer is "To honor the Lord and serve the reader." It has indeed been an honor to serve you from this desk in 2017. To God be the glory and may you have a very happy new year.